By Liza Haron
A Soviet journalist called Margaret Thatcher the “Iron Lady”, a nickname that became associated with her uncompromising politics and leadership style.
No, my New Year resolution isn’t about getting into politics and neither do I want to get into details of ‘Thatcherism”.
But I want to share is my personal ‘Iron’ rule that I have been keeping for the last 5 years which has never compromised. My sacred beauty practices, that is.
Believe me when I say I have tried and tested so many products and beauty enhancements. I eventually realized that skin care is really a lifestyle. Achieving that fresh complexion is not just about putting things onto your face or your skin but it’s about good nutrition, sufficient exercise, avoiding tobacco and alcohol, protecting your skin against sun damage and thorough daily cleansing.
Here are some of the wonderful tips that really worked for me:
- Moisturize:There are several types of moisturizers you can choose from according to your skin’s needs. For example, Laura Mercier’s tinted moisturizer SPF 20 – oil free. This product gives skin a healthy ‘no-makeup look’ with a soft hint of colour that evens and enhances without hiding the skin. It also helps to prevent excess oil from setting on the surface of the skin and its ideal for troubled skin. Yes that’s my skin type and I swear by this product!
- Sunscreen is a MUST – This is your invisible umbrella that protects you from the sun. Use a sunscreen of 15 SPF (sun protection factor) or greater and put it on an hour before going out in the sun for maximum effect. Good news is my favourite tinted moisturizer from Mercier comes with SPF infused.
- Exercise Regularly – For me, it’s only a 30 minutes of brisk walking 5 times a week and I am being serious as this the only exercise routine that I can follow. Besides the cardiovascular benefits, exercise gives an excellent boost to your skin as it improves blood flow and circulation to the skin’s surface.
- Drink 8 glasses of water a day.
- Butt Out – Smoking causes wrinkles and that is something every woman can do “without”. It took me awhile to quit but when I eventually managed to butt it out, my skin started to glow from all the money I have saved!
This new lifestyle wasn’t achieved overnight but with perseverance I managed to see positive results over a couple of compromising years.
Article Continued please click here